June 19-20, 2019
Location: Westerville, Ohio
This NGWA conference focuses on approaches for the management, mitigation, and remediation of sites contaminated with per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
PFAS is a unique class of emerging contaminants widespread in groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil, and air. Due to their human health and environmental effects, an increasing number of PFAS are becoming the focus of environmental protection agencies worldwide. The chemistry and environmental behavior of PFAS, as well as regulatory and toxicological evolution, create significant challenges for project planning, risk communication, and programmatic management.
This conference is intended to provide an opportunity to share lessons learned and present state-of-the-practice in scientific and management approaches to addressing this high-profile issue.
A call for papers is in effect, with submissions due by January 13, 2019. Please click on the “Call for papers” tab below for more information and to make a submission.
- Bill Alley, Ph.D.
- Jeff Hale
- Richard Head
- Karen Kinsella
- David Lipson
- Steve Silver
- Shalene Thomas
Call for papers
Abstracts are solicited on these general topics:
- Problem identification and response
- Risk characterization and communication
- Remediation technology, treatment, and disposal
- Legal and regulatory frameworks, and liability assessment
- Costs and economic impacts
- Pollution prevention.
Abstracts must be submitted online via our conference management platform and are due by January 13, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Sponsorship opportunities for this conference, inclusive of a tabletop exhibit and one free registration, are available. For information on becoming a sponsor, please contact the NGWA sales department at email@example.com.
Fees and registration
On/before May 17
- NGWA members — $495
- Government employees (ID required)* — $495
- Nonmembers — $645
- Full-time students (ID required) — $150
Starting May 18
- NGWA members — $595
- Government employees (ID required)* — $595
- Nonmembers — $745
- Full-time students (ID required) — $200
*Please note those registering as government employees must do so by phone, fax, or mail; online registration cannot be accepted.
Team discounts up to 10% available. Click here for more details.
Four ways to register
- Register online.
- Register by phoning NGWA customer service at (800) 551-7379 — (614) 898-7791 outside the United States) — Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
- Register by fax or mail — download the registration form.
Venue and accommodations
60 Collegeview Avenue
Westerville, Ohio 43081
You will need to secure your own overnight accommodations. To access a listing of hotels in the Westerville, Ohio, area, click here to get started.