CEUs: 0.05 (or 0.5 CEPs, applied to NGWA's Voluntary Certification Program)
This free online, self-paced course covers the selection and operation of meters for safe and successful electrical troubleshooting of water well pump systems. This course should be able to be completed in 30 minutes, and addresses topics such as:
- Basics of electricity
- Voltage, current, and resistance
- Ohm's law
- Electrical power
- Combining Ohm's law and electrical power
- Wire resistance
- Types of meters
- New installation and troubleshooting
- Common problems
- Using meters on the job.
Taking this online course
Immediately after completing your registration for this NGWA Online Training Center course, you can access it one of two ways.
- Click the link included on your order confirmation that will be emailed to the address on record.
- Click the “My Account” button on NGWA.org, log in with your email and password, click on “My Registrations” on the menu bar to the left, and then click on the link just below the title of the course you’ve purchased.