2019 NGWA Groundwater Fly-In and Water Resources Congressional Summit
March 5-6, 2019 • Washington, D.C.
Under joint sponsorship with the Irrigation Association and the Water Quality Association, this event is organized to increase the water industry’s profile on Capitol Hill regarding the availability, quality, and safety of
our nation’s water resources.
The 2019 NGWA Groundwater Fly-In will ensure members of Congress are aware of the important role groundwater plays in providing drinking water, supporting agriculture, and fueling various sectors of the economy.
This year's groundwater focus topics are:
- Obtaining federal support for the detection and remediation of PFAS contamination
- Increasing efforts to promote groundwater recharge
- Bolstering support for drinking water infrastructure improvement.
Tuesday, March 5
- 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Registration
- 12:15-1:00 p.m. Keynote luncheon
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. Congressional and policy speakers
- 3:00-3:30 p.m. Break
- 3:30-5:00 p.m. NGWA policy briefing
- 5:30-7:00 p.m. Reception
Wednesday, March 6
- 7:30 a.m. Informal breakfast
- 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Meetings on Capitol Hill — the schedule for your meetings will vary based on congressional availability
- 4:30-6:00 p.m. Optional happy hour with Fly-In participants
Please note that the agenda may be subject to change.
If you don’t speak up for groundwater, who will? Register today and let your voice be heard by the new Congress.