(WESTERVILLE, Ohio — August 28, 2018) — The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) congratulates the recipients of the 2018 NGWA Awards of Excellence, Outstanding Groundwater Project Award, Sectional Awards, and Fellow designations, which will be presented this December during Groundwater Week in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Long-time NGWA member Fletcher G. Driscoll, Ph.D., PG, is the recipient of NGWA’s most prestigious award, the Ross L. Oliver Award for outstanding contributions to the groundwater industry. Driscoll is president of Fletcher Driscoll & Associates LLC, in Dellwood, Minnesota, and is the principal author and editor of Groundwater & Wells, second edition.
Other 2018 NGWA award recipients follow.
Awards of Excellence
- Beth Parker, Ph.D., professor and NSERC Industrial Research chair and director of G360 Institute for Groundwater Research, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario — M. King Hubbert Award for major science contributions to the knowledge of groundwater
- Jeffrey W. Williams, MGWC, CVCLD, president, Spafford & Sons Water Wells, Jericho, Vermont — Robert Storm Intersectional Cooperation Award
- Glenn Duffield, president, HydroSOLVE Inc., Reston, Virginia — Technology Award
- Cory Miller, owner, C. Miller Drilling and Centerline Mfg., Winnsboro, Texas — Equipment Design Award
- Daniel T. Meyer, MGWC, CVCLD, Garden Grove, California — Standard Bearer Award
- Mickel (Mike) Wireman, president, Granite Ridge Groundwater LLC, Denver, Colorado; William W. Woessner, Ph.D., emeritus regents professor of hydrogeology, University of Montana (retired), Missoula, Montana; and John Pitz, CPI, NGWAF, president, N L Pitz Inc., Batavia, Illinois — Life Member Awards
Outstanding Groundwater Project Award
- CDM Smith, Kimbiji Aquifer Assessment — Groundwater Supply Award
- William L. Cunningham, director of Earth Systems Processes Division and senior science advisor for Groundwater, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, Virginia, and Robert P Schreiber, PE, BCEE, D.WRE, vice president, CDM Smith, Boston, Massachusetts — Keith E. Anderson Award
- Tom Darrah, Ph.D., associate professor, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio — John Hem Award
- Cory Miller, owner, C. Miller Drilling and Centerline Mfg., Winnsboro, Texas — Manufacturers Section Special Recognition Award
- Randy Lyne, president, Preferred Pump & Equipment, Fort Worth, Texas — Supplier of the Year Award
The NGWA Fellow designation represents recognition by a recipient’s peers and NGWA, of outstanding credentials, professional accomplishments, and a commitment to promoting the increased understanding of groundwater science and water well system technology.
- Bernard Kueper, Ph.D., professor, Queens University, Kingston, Ontario
- William W. Woessner, Ph.D., emeritus regents professor of hydrogeology, University of Montana (retired), Missoula, Montana
Click here to read more about NGWA awards, which honor the best of the best in the groundwater industry.
The National Ground Water Association is a not-for-profit professional society and trade association for the global groundwater industry. Our members around the world include leading public and private sector groundwater scientists, engineers, water well system professionals, manufacturers, and suppliers of groundwater-related products and services. The Association’s vision is to be the leading groundwater association advocating for responsible development, management, and use of water.