Each year, winners are recognized as industry champions and groundwater advocates.
(WESTERVILLE, OH — August 13, 2020) The National Ground Water Association congratulates the recipients of its 2020 Awards of Excellence, Outstanding Groundwater Project Awards, and Sectional Awards, which will be presented this December during Groundwater Week in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Long-time NGWA member John Pitz, NGWAF, is the recipient of NGWA’s most prestigious award, the Ross L. Oliver Award for outstanding contributions to the groundwater industry. Pitz is president of N.L. Pitz Inc. in Batavia, Illinois.
Additional 2020 NGWA award recipients follow.
Awards of Excellence
- James Butler Jr., Ph.D., senior scientist and chief of the Geohydrology Section of the Kansas Geological Survey at the University of Kansas — M. King Hubbert Award
- David Henrich, CWD/PI, CVCLD, president, Bergerson-Caswell Inc., Maple Plain, Minnesota — Robert Storm Intersectional Cooperation Award and Standard Bearer Award
- Mike Barcelona, Ph.D., emeritus professor, Western Michigan University — Life Member Award
- Francis Weedon, president/owner of Frontier Logging Corp., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma — Technology Award
- Marcia Degen, Ph.D., PE, technical services manager at Virginia Department of Health, Roanoke, Virginia — Special Recognition Award
- Jeffrey Smith, MGWC, Smith Well Drilling, and Janice Hawk-Baldwin, CWD/PI, Hawk Well Co. — Special Recognition Award
Outstanding Groundwater Project Awards
- Daniel B. Stephens & Associates Inc. — Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority DWTP Large-Scale Recharge Project — Groundwater Supply Award
- Geosyntec Consultants — Launch Ready! High-Resolution Site Characterization and the Expedited Remediation of a Multi-Acre Chlorinated Volatile Organic Compound Plume at NASA’s Launch Complex 39B — Groundwater Remediation Award
- Golder Associates, S.S. Papadopulos & Associates Inc., and Arcadis — Rapid Response and Remediation of Wellfield with Perchlorate, City of Evart, Michigan — Groundwater Remediation Award
- Ronald Falta, Ph.D., professor, Clemson University, Clemson South Carolina — John Hem Award for Excellence in Science & Engineering
- Neil Thomson, Ph.D., P.Eng., professor, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada — Keith E Anderson Award
- Dean Wygal, senior technical sales manager, Western Region at Grundfos Americas Corp., Wilsonville, Oregon — Manufacturers Section Special Recognition Award
- Ronnie Hensley, director of engineered water, Gicon Pumps and Equipment Ltd., Abernathy, Texas — Supplier of the Year Award
Read more about NGWA awards, which honor the best of the best in the groundwater industry, at NGWA.org/Awards.
For more information or additional comments, please contact Ben Frech at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (614) 898-7791, ext. 1570.
The National Ground Water Association is a not-for-profit professional society and trade association for the global groundwater industry. Our members around the world include leading public and private sector groundwater scientists, engineers, water well system professionals, manufacturers, and suppliers of groundwater-related products and services. The Association’s vision is to be the leading groundwater association advocating for responsible development, management, and use of water.