Each year winners are recognized as industry champions and groundwater advocates.
(WESTERVILLE, OH — August 24, 2021) The National Ground Water Association congratulates the recipients of its 2021 Awards of Excellence, Outstanding Groundwater Project Awards, Sectional Awards, and NGWA Fellow designation, which will be presented this December during Groundwater Week in Nashville, Tennessee.
Long-time NGWA member Art Becker, CPG, MGWC, NGWAF, is the recipient of NGWA’s most prestigious award, the Ross L. Oliver Award for outstanding contributions to the groundwater industry. Becker is president of Drilling and Safety Consultants LLC in Barnegat, New Jersey.
Additional 2021 NGWA award recipients follow.
Awards of Excellence
- Otto Strack, Ph.D., of the University of Minnesota — M. King Hubbert Award
- Robert Sterrett, Ph.D., of RJS Consulting Inc. in Golden, Colorado — Special Recognition Award
- David Kill, PE, (retired) formerly of Goulds Water Technology — Robert Storm Intersectional Cooperation Award
- Josh Clapper of NAPCO Pipe & Fittings in Wayne, Pennsylvania — Equipment Design Award
- Neil Mansuy (posthumously) of Subsurface Technologies in Rock Tavern, New York — Technology Award
- Ronnie Hensley (retired) formerly of Gicon Pumps and Equipment Ltd. and James Doesburg of Ellingson DTD in Bremerton, Washington — Life Member Awards
- Tom Carper, U.S. Senator, Delaware — Groundwater Protector Award
- Robert P. Schreiber, PE, BCEE, D.WRE, of CDM Smith — Standard Bearer Award
NGWA Fellow designation
- Richard Thron, MGWC, NGWAF, of Mantyla Well Drilling Inc. in Lakeland, Minnesota
- Jim Hartmann of Franklin Electric — Manufacturers Section Special Recognition Award
- Erica DiFilippo, Ph.D., of S.S. Papadopoulos & Associates in Rockville, Maryland — Keith E. Anderson Award
- Norman Jones, Ph.D., of Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah — John Hem Award for Excellence in Science & Engineering
- Conrad Massey of CMC Supply Inc. in Macon, Georgia — Supplier of the Year Award
Outstanding Groundwater Project Awards
- CDM Smith — Suffolk County Department of Health Services: Subwatersheds Wastewater Plan & Generic Environmental Impact Statement — Groundwater Protection Project Award
- Woodard & Curran Inc. — Beede Site Group: Utilizing Groundwater Remediation to Drive Water Conservation, Sustainability, and Support of Area Wildlife Habitat Corridors — Groundwater Remediation Project Award (large-scale)
- H2M architects + engineers — Long Island Water Districts: AOP Treatment for 1,4-Dioxane in Long Island Groundwater — Groundwater Remediation Project Award (small-scale)
Read more about NGWA awards, which honor the best of the best in the groundwater industry, at NGWA.org/Awards.
For more information or additional comments, please contact Ben Frech at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (614) 898-7791, ext. 1570.
The National Ground Water Association is a not-for-profit professional society and trade association for the global groundwater industry. Our members around the world include leading public and private sector groundwater scientists, engineers, water well system professionals, manufacturers, and suppliers of groundwater-related products and services. The Association’s vision is to be the leading groundwater association advocating for responsible development, management, and use of water.