The Groundwater Foundation has awarded scholarships to five students through the Len Assante Scholarship Program.
Len Assante Scholarships are awarded to full-time students enrolled in groundwater-related fields at a postsecondary institution such as a vocational school, community college, independent college, or university. An independent panel chooses the winners from a pool of scholarship applicants.
The 2019 Len Assante Scholarship award winners are:
- Tyler Kleinsasser, Past President’s Award, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
- Sheila Solis-Arroyo, Ora Lyons Award, University of Arizona
- Wynne Casteel III, Rich Haderer Award, Baylor University
- John Krone, University of Southern California
- William Brewer, Baylor University
“The groundwater industry will need contractors, scientists, engineers, manufacturers, and suppliers into the future,” says Terry Morse, CAE, CIC, National Ground Water Association CEO. “The Groundwater Foundation’s scholarships help ensure our industry remains strong with a robust workforce.”
The Len Assante Scholarship Program has provided scholarships to 120 students pursuing groundwater-related studies since its inception. To learn more, visit www.groundwater.org/kids/scholarships.html.